- A 1994 batch IAS officer of Assam-Meghalya Cadre, Avinash Joshi is reportedly a strong contender for the post of CMD ONGC. He hails from Guajrat.
- The UT of Jammu & Kashmir today faces a vulnerable transition, after decades of bloody conflict fought between the government and terrorists. Kashmir peace foundation members observed that religious figures should participate and facilitate interfaith dialogue addressing reconciliation, justice and coexistence in [...]
- BIPIN RAWAT The Chief of Army Staff has been appointed as India’s first Chief of Defence Staff (CDS). LT GENERAL MANOJ MUKUND NARWANE Lt General has been appointed as new Chief of Army Staff. HARSH VARDHAN SHRINGLA The 1984 Indian [...]
- By Prashant Hamine Mumbai: The 1995 Assembly elections marked a turning point in the electoral history of the Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha. For the first time a non-Congress government, a Shiv Sena-Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) alliance government came to power, even [...]
- By Prashant Hamine Mumbai: The almost two decade old Golden Era of Congress supremacy came to an abrupt end in the 1978 assembly elections. This new era of political instability saw the first ever non-Congress government, the Progressive Democratic Front [...]
- By Prashant Hamine Mumbai: In a little over 45 days from now the 8.94 crore electorate of Maharashtra will elect a new 14th Maharashtra Legislative Assembly, and technically its 24th Chief Minister. Between 1957 to 1995, for nearly 38 years the Congress [...]
- The 1994 batch IAS officer Andhra Pradesh cadre Principal Secretary to Chief Minister with full additional charge of Principal Secretary, General Administration Department (GAD)
- The 2000 batch IAS officer of the Assam-Meghalaya cadre has been appointed Joint Secretary in Department of Commerce.
- The 1996 batch IFS officer of the Tamil Nadu cadre has been appointed Senior Deputy Director, FSI, Bengaluru.